Search | Site Map   
MSPD Home Page

Clients and Families
About MSPD
Legal Divisions
Private Counsel Opportunities
Working for MSPD
Related Links
Contact Us



How to Apply for Services

If you are seeking representation, you must complete a written application for Public Defender representation. You can apply at the local office serving the county in which your case or charges are pending.

Click here for an Application for Services (pdf*). An application in Spanish (pdf*) is available for download here.

Click here for a list of local offices and contacts. If you are in doubt about which office to call, please check the map of districts.

The clerk of the court in which your case is pending can also tell you how to get in touch with the local Public Defender office. The sheriff’s office can often supply an application to a person in jail.


*The Application for Services requires the free
Adobe© Acrobat Reader.