Jobs, Internships, Contract Attorneys, and Volunteers
Recent News Articles
- Kansas City Star: Missouri lawmakers: public defender system failing, but search for funds a challenge (November 25, 2019)
- Kansas City Star: With overloaded Missouri public defenders, you only get a ‘sliver of an attorney’ (November 20, 2019)
- Kansas City Star: Before their day in court, poor people charged with crimes can spend years in jail (November 20, 2019)
- Kansas City Star: Missouri judge says: Represent yourself in court or plead guilty to save time (November 20, 2019)
- Kansas City Star: Public defenders ordered to violate ethics to keep defendants moving through court (November 20, 2019)
- +3 more from the Kansas City Star
MSPD’s goal is to provide every client with zealous advocacy
The Missouri State Public Defender System (MSPD) provides legal representation to all indigent citizens accused of or convicted of crimes in Missouri at the levels of the State Trial Court, Appellate Court, Missouri Supreme Court, and United States Supreme Court.
MSPD attempts to provide every client with a high-quality, competent, ardent defense team at every stage of the process in which public defenders are necessary. The team is led by a licensed Missouri attorney devoted full-time to the practice of criminal law.