In the News
- Missouri State Public Defender: Supreme Court of Missouri sides with MSPD over ethical issues owed to clients (April 7, 2022)
- Missouri State Public Defender: MSPD public defenders achieve success at Supreme Court of Missouri (March 23, 2022)
- KZIM KSIM: Missouri Supreme Court rules in favor of state’s public defenders in “sex assault survivors” law (March 16, 2022)
- Missouri State Public Defender: Former public defender Ketanji Brown Jackson nominated to U.S. Supreme Court (March 16, 2022)
- Georgetown Law: Ambassadors for Racial Justice (January 27, 2022)
MSPD’s goal is to provide every client with zealous advocacy
The Missouri State Public Defender System (MSPD) provides legal representation to all indigent citizens accused of or convicted of crimes in Missouri at the levels of the State Trial Court, Appellate Court, Missouri Supreme Court, and United States Supreme Court.
MSPD attempts to provide every client with a high-quality, competent, ardent defense team at every stage of the process in which public defenders are necessary. The team is led by a licensed Missouri attorney devoted full-time to the practice of criminal law.